AddThis

Bookmark and Share

Saturday, August 1, 2009

[Divine Souls:4079] Friendship

Friendship

 

 

Few days back I received one call from one of my very old friend…

Old friend: Hello amit, this is your old friend….

And I started talking to him…

Ohh hi….what a pleasant surprise, how are you?? Great to get your call...Where are you now days my friend? Bahut dino ke baad yaad kiya??? Is everything all right??

And he replied….

Nothing amit… I just called you because I come to know from someone that you are studying in engg. College…I just need your guidance for my brother…

And he kept on asking questions till he gets all information he needed and after that he ended the call with thanks…


           I felt happy after talking to him after a long time but then one question arose in my mind that is it friendship??? When I need help then I realize that yes I do have one friend who can help me to solve this question…though we are out of touch from quite a long time but still I ask him for help & when he solves my queries...I thank him & I again forget him till to my next need. Is it right thing to realize the importance of friendship only when I am in trouble? & when everything is going fine then why I need friends & friendship?? May be it is because we have learned in our childhood that


"Friend in need is friend indeed"


We have totally misconstrued the meaning of this phrase…We might think that some friends are only to help…I always feel that


Dosti main dosto se kaam liya ja sakta hain par sirf kaam banane ke liye dosti nahi ki ja sakti.


(We can take help in friendship but we can not make friends only to get help)


         When we make friends or start any relationship with selfish motive in our mind, having intention of getting an advantage then that friendship or that relation purely becomes business…


As one Marathi poet truly said


"Devlat gelya var manass, dukanat gelyasarkhi wagtat

Aani char-aathanyachya mobdlyat kahi na kahi tari magtat"


It means that when people go to any place of worship there they behave as if they are in any shop, while they donate some money & they ask many things to god from that donation.


           As in this recession period…on one side people are loosing there job & on other side even if few peoples are getting any new job…these jobs are on the contract base…means people are hired only for very limited time to complete some projects…& then that organization don't need those hired people…Is it happening with my friendship or my relation? We know the difference between colleague, Acquaintance & friend. That a colleague is someone you know just from work and don't hang out with them outside of work. Acquaintance is someone you know but don't really hang out with them. A friend is someone you will go out of your way to see.


   Am I dealing with my friends as a colleague or as Acquaintance? …am I using people or so called friends, until my need gets complete or until I get my lovable thing..


"People are made to be loved & things are made to be used…but what we are doing we are using people & loving things"


Now, its time for introspection...Am I using friends? …it is time to realize that to whom I call friends do I really mean them…do I give full justice to that relationship. do I always remember them at my bad time as well as at my good time…do I express these feelings of friendship to them…..or they are just like my business mates to whom I remember when I need help or at the time when no one is around me….


Friends are integral part of the life to which we can not neglect. When we take birth, by default we get relationship tags such as mother , father, sister, brother…but the relationship with friends are which we discovers. So it becomes mandatory to value the relations which we have made & formed…it becomes our duty to time respect our beloved if that beloved is not replying don't stop approaching to him…as we know


"Friendship is not measured when both take care of each other...It is measured when one ignores & the other still continues…"


Don't wait for other to talk with you rather you start talking with him….think from heart …otherwise it will be too late. Life is too short…or else at the end of a life we will realize that I could have talked with him....but it's never too late now…

Once one man begged for the boon from god that god please give me love, care & friendship so that I will enjoy my life…god replied & said my friend I will give you life so that you will enjoy these entire things in your life…

So we are very lucky to have this life.


Never try to maintain friendship or relationships in your life rather just try to maintain life in your relationships…


 It is time to make a life…

I remember satguru babaji;s discourses last year in "UK" On Friendship day babaji said..


"Dosti kisse toh sirf sajjano se" We should always be friend with the good peoples other wise babaji said

" Mana ke tabahi main hath tha dushman ka,

Magar kuch chal kayamat ki apane bhi chalet hain"


Today only I heard one dialog

"Apne dushman ka dushman humara dost hota hain"

"Enemy of our enemy become of friend"


Now a days this is the criteria to make a friends but this criteria is temporary but the only criteria valid is love & affection…There for it is said that…


 "If love and friendship is your weakness then you are the strongest person of this world"


As it is said in one of the prayer that


"Tamev mata pita tamev tamev bandhu sakha tamev"

That means god performs each & every role including the role of friend so with this relation we also become friend of each other


So I wish all of you "Happy Friendship Day"…

Keep blessing….

 

Charandhool

Amit Chavan

(Airoli, Navi Mumbai)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



Yahoo! recommends that you upgrade to the new and safer Internet Explorer 8
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION
**********************
1. Proper English Recommended. Avoid Hinglish, Pinglish or English Transliteration.
2. No Personal Communication.
3. Spiritual Content needed in Messages.
4. Archive available on http://divineexpressionblog.blogspot.com
5. Follow us on Facebook. http://bit.ly/1wWK5i
6. Follow us on Twitter @divinesouls
7. Moderators / The Nirankari Mission may not concur with the views expressed by the authors.
********************
To post to this group, send email to <Divine_Souls@googlegroups.com>
To unsubscribe from the group, send email to <Divine_Souls-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com>
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Visit Divine Souls

Google Groups
Divine Souls
Visit this group

AddThis

Bookmark and Share