AddThis

Bookmark and Share

Sunday, August 2, 2009

[Divine Souls:4073] Re: Need Advice

Dear Saints,

Thoughts from Raul Kamal Ji(UK).

********
Dearest Saints, Dhan Nirankar.
I remember a congregation in London some months back. The topic was in
fact 'desires'.
I first had the thought that are all desires bad? What about if I
desire something for myself and others which may benefit the Mission.
Such as if I try to practise or increase the no. of harmonium lessons
I have so I can sing the praises of Nirankar. Surely this is a good
thing.
I then had the thought that what if my desires were in line with great
devotees of the past. Hanuman Ji, Bulleh Shah and Meera Bai came to
mind.
I realised that all their thoughts and desires were the same. They
merely wanted to serve their Guru and in fact humanity. They were
ready to become instruments so that Nirankar could work through them.
I felt that this was a desire worth having. That may I be of use to my
Satguru and work for the betterment of mankind. May the 'I' no longer
exist in me and may I learn to serve selflessly.
However, desires are not something we can just shake off. It has taken
me the best part of 30 years to understand what I have.
Life is a journey not a destination. I would not expect everyone to
digest God knowledge immediately and change all their desires but my
humble opinion is that if you do sewa, sangat and simran with all
purity of heart and mind, you will notice a change in your life
throughout time.
When I speak of sewa, satsang and simran, I do not mean to ritualise
such words but honestly do sewa everywhere. Not just your sangat.
Serve when you are at work, or at home or in a place of education.
Sangat or 'Satya Ka Sang' (conversation of the truth), do not limit
that to your bhawans. Speak about God as much as you can as holy
scriptures have taught us that there is no better conversation than
speaking about this eternal truth.
And do simran. Again, not as a rite or ritual but to constantly
remember this Nirankar within our thoughts.
If we are one in our thoughts, our words and actions and these are all
of the purest essence, this becomes our way of life and we will over
time, steer towards the right path.
Humbly,
Lucky

********

Regards,
Sunil Sethi


--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION
**********************
1. Proper English Recommended. Avoid Hinglish, Pinglish or English Transliteration.
2. No Personal Communication.
3. Spiritual Content needed in Messages.
4. Archive available on http://divineexpressionblog.blogspot.com
5. Follow us on Facebook. http://bit.ly/1wWK5i
6. Follow us on Twitter @divinesouls
7. Moderators / The Nirankari Mission may not concur with the views expressed by the authors.
********************
To post to this group, send email to <Divine_Souls@googlegroups.com>
To unsubscribe from the group, send email to <Divine_Souls-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com>
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Visit Divine Souls

Google Groups
Divine Souls
Visit this group

AddThis

Bookmark and Share