AddThis

Bookmark and Share

Monday, February 22, 2010

[Divine Souls:4508] what 23rd february means to me

Whenever 23rd February approached my body, mind and soul were inundated with thoughts. Birthdays are associated with wishes, cakes and gifts. However for baba ji's birthday all these had a different dimension.

 

As a child I was perplexed about the concept of celebrating the birthday of the true master who's taken equivalent to god. This doubt was removed with the idea of " guru sharir nahin hota , lekin guru ka sharir hota hai". So the idea of celebrating baba ji s birthday, wishing and cutting cakes was now crystal clear to me. Alongwith that I felt that we celebrate with great zeal the birth anniversaries of our friends and relatives then why not baba ji's birthday with whom we share a unique and special relationship.

 

However the concept of gifts still  confuses me …I cant figure out what to gift baba ji .  Will a materialistic gift suffice or make sense? Can or should I gift something to baba ji? Well all I can say is "thank you baba ji for being there!!!" . One thing I know is that I have to take your birthday as guru puja diwas ….- a reminder for me to worship you. Worship by following your words.

 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABA JI

 

Regards

garima


--
VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION
**********************
1. Hope all are aware of Nirankari forum on http://www.nirankari.org
2. Proper English Recommended. Avoid Hinglish, Pinglish or English Transliteration.
3. No Personal Communication.
4. Spiritual Content needed in Messages.
5. Archive available on http://divineexpressionblog.blogspot.com
6. Follow us on Facebook http://bit.ly/1wWK5i and twitter @divinesouls
7. Moderators / The Nirankari Mission may not concur with the views expressed by the authors.
 
********************
To post to this group, send email to <Divine_Souls@googlegroups.com>
To unsubscribe from the group, send email to <Divine_Souls-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com>

Visit Divine Souls

Google Groups
Divine Souls
Visit this group

AddThis

Bookmark and Share