AddThis

Bookmark and Share

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

[Divine Souls:3818] Being a mother.... This is an awesome read

> Subject:
> Being a mother.... This is an awesome
> read
>
>  
>
>
>  
>
>
>
> REMEMBER ME WHEN I
> AM OLD AND YOUR MUM  BEING A
> MOTHER  
>
>
>
>
>
>
> After 21 years of
> marriage, my wife wanted me 
> to take another woman out to dinner and a movie.  
> She said, 'I love you, but I know this other woman 
>
> loves you and would Love to spend some time with
> you.'    
>
> The other woman that my wife wanted me to visit was
> my Mother, who has been a widow for 19 years, but the
> demands of my work and my three children had made it
> possible to visit her only occasionally.  
>
>
> That night I called to invite her to go out for dinner 
> and a movie.  'What's wrong, are you well,'
> she asked? My mother is the type of woman who
> suspects that a late night call or a surprise invitation 
>
> is a sign of bad news.  
>
> 'I thought that it would be pleasant to spend  some
> time with you,' I responded 'just the two
> of us..' She thought about it for a moment, and then
> said, 
>
> 'I would like that very much.'  
>
>
> That Friday after work, as I drove over to pick her up
> I was a bit nervous. When I arrived at her house, I
> noticed that she, too, seemed to be nervous about our date.
> She waited in the door with her coat on. She had curled her
> hair and was wearing the dress that she had worn to
> celebrate her last wedding anniversary. She smiled from a
> face that was as
>
>  radiant as an angel's. 
> 'I told my friends that I was going to go out with my
> son, and they were impressed,' she said, as she got
> into the car. 'They can't wait to hear about our
> meeting.'  
>
>
> We went to a restaurant that, although not elegant, 
> was very nice and cosy. My mother took my arm as if she
> were the First Lady.  
>
> After we sat down, I had to read the menu. 
> Her eyes could only read large print. Half-way through
> the entrees, I lifted my eyes and saw Mother 
>
> sitting there staring at me. 
> A nostalgic smile was on her lips.  
>
> 'It was I who used to have to read the menu when
> you were small,' she said. 'Then it's time that
> you
> relax and let me return the favour,' I responded.
> During the dinner, we had an agreeable conversation
> nothing extraordinary but catching up on recent events of
> each others life. We talked so much that we missed the
> movie. As we arrived at her house later, she said,
> 'I'll go out with you again, but only if 
>
> you let me invite you.'  I agreed.  
>
> 'How was your dinner date?' asked my wife when I
> got home. 'Very nice, much more so than I could
> have imagined,' I answered.  
>
> A few days later, my mother died of a massive heart
> attack. It happened so suddenly that I didn't have a
> chance to do anything for her. Sometime later, I received
> an envelope with a copy of a restaurant receipt from the
> same place Mother and I had dined. An attached note said:
> 'I paid this bill in advance. I wasn't sure that I
> could be there; but, nevertheless, I paid for two plates -
> one for you and the other for your wife. You will never
> know what that night meant for me.  
>
>
> 'I love you, son'
>
> At that moment, I understood the importance of saying
> in time: 'I love YOU' and to give our loved ones
> the time that they deserve. Nothing in life is more
> important than your family. Give them the time they
> deserve, because these things cannot be put off till some
> 'other' time.  
>
>
> Somebody said it takes about six weeks to get back
> to normal after you've had a baby... somebody
> doesn't know that once you're a mother,
> 'normal' is
> history.  
>
> Somebody said you can't love the second child as
> much as you love the first... somebody doesn't have 
>
> two or more children.  
>
> Somebody said the hardest part of being a mother is
> labour and delivery....somebody never watched her
> 'baby' get on the bus for the first day of
> kindergarten.... or on a plane headed for military
> 'boot camp.'  
>
>
> Somebody said a Mother can stop worrying after her
> child gets married... somebody doesn't know that
> marriage adds a new son or daughter-in-law to a
> mother's heartstrings.
>  
> Somebody said a mother's job is done when her last
>
> child leaves home... somebody never had
> grandchildren...  
>
> Somebody said your mother knows you love her, so
> you don't need to tell her... somebody isn't a
> mother.
>   
> Pass this along to all the GREAT 'mothers' in your
> life and to everyone who ever had a mother.  
>
>
> This isn't just about being a mother; it's about
> appreciating the people in your lives while you have
> them... no matter who that person
> is!  
>
>


always keep smiling...
Babaji bless all with everything best...
Know the GOD You worship...


Now surf faster and smarter ! Check out the new Firefox 3 - Yahoo! Edition http://downloads.yahoo.com/in/firefox/?fr=om_email_firefox

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
MEMBERS TO NOTE (V IMP)
**********************
Proper English Recommended. Avoid Hinglish, Pinglish or English Transliteration.
/* No personal communications. The message has to be for the whole group */
//* The email content has to be spiritual in nature . *//
///* Duplicate postings are deleted. Check group archives *///
////* IMP - remove all previous content from your message. V IMP - Do not include contacts in the message body as published to a blog*////
////* Moderators decisions are final. *////
///* Divine Services Group for career posts*///
//* warmregards@gmail.com for psychological advice, if needed.*//
/* Moderators / the Nirankari Mission may not concur with the views expressed by the authors */
********************
To post to this group, send email to <Divine_Souls@googlegroups.com>
To unsubscribe from the group, send email to <Divine_Souls-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com>
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Visit Divine Souls

Google Groups
Divine Souls
Visit this group

AddThis

Bookmark and Share